Friday, May 27, 2011

TomTom GPS app offers good maps, terrible interface

A while back, I posted about some of my ongoing issues with iPhone navigation powerhouse Navigon, which has been my primary nav app. After that post went live, Navigon immediately contacted me to see how they could improve their product, asking for specific details of the intersections where navigation failed and I was directed in circles. I was also contacted by TomTom, who asked me to give their product a try.

A few weeks later, I've got to say that I'm pretty much ready to go back to Navigon. TomTom is a good product with a weak interface that gets the job done -- but when it comes down to the details of how well it integrates into my driving, Navigon is the winner for me. I say this even though Navigon's software sometimes sends me driving in circles. Navigon also has its share of GUI limitations and other quirks.

Continue reading TomTom GPS app offers good maps, terrible interface

TomTom GPS app offers good maps, terrible interface originally appeared on TUAW on Wed, 25 May 2011 15:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Source | Permalink | Email this | Comments

Veronica Kay Mýa Natalie Imbruglia Patricia Velásquez Jennifer Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment